Monday, July 1, 2013

Iowa: Post wedding = family time

John had to rush back to Switzerland to get back to work, boo, but Hannah and I stayed a week longer. Even though I was nervous about traveling back to Switzerland alone with Hannah I knew it would be worth it to spend more time in Iowa. Hannah seemed to be happy to stay as well!
Hannah and Paula, the maker of "blankie"
On Tuesday my mom and I took Hannah to the swimming pool in Cedar Falls. It is a really nice pool with a lazy river that you can ride around in tubes. The best part was that they had little tubes for babies with the bottom filled in. That way my mom and I could just walk beside Hannah. She loved it!  She is definitely still a little cautious when it comes to actually getting in the swimming pool... I am hoping that changes with time!!
The next day was a chance for us to go up and visit Great Grandma and Martin. This was a nice visit, although their house full of antiques didn't provide too many baby proof toys for Hannah. Good thing they had a cat to keep her entertained.
We didn't get any pictures on Thursday, but my mom was SO proud to show Hannah off to all of her co workers. It is what Grandmas do best :) My good friends and  us (Hannah, Grandma, and I) also got together at a nice little wine shop in Cedar Falls. I would highly recommend Luna to anyone going to Cedar Falls. They have a very nice patio out back with a good wine and beer list!
Beautiful evening at Luna
 
The rest of the weekend was full of family time with my parents and sisters family. A lot of us have birthdays in the summer so we had a big birthday party for everyone! It didn't take Hannah long to figure out that she liked the cake!
Grandpa and the Grand kids on Fathers day
 
 
I guess that wraps up the summary of our trip to Iowa!  Now we are back in Switzerland enjoying the beautiful weather this week!


Dad and his two daughters
 
 Hannah and cousin Sydney

 Enjoying the cake

No comments:

Post a Comment