Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Iowa trip: Wedding

The reason we booked a trip to Iowa when we did was because John was in a good friends wedding up in Minnesota. This wedding combined two cultures as our friend Phil's bride is from India. So, they had some traditional Indian festivities as well as a Christian ceremony. Mostly I am just going to post a lot of pictures.  The wedding was full of events and we definitely learned that the Indian folks can run on little sleep :) They love to dance, read poems, ect and it was all very lovely, but after a 22 hour trip John and I were definitely a little sleepy throughout the celebration.
My parents were also up at my sisters in Rochester MN, where I stayed for most of the weekend of the wedding. We did get to enjoy a little family time winery outside of Rochester, and it was even sunny. And, they kept Hannah overnight for us so she could have a more relaxing 2 days than being at all the wedding festivities! This was the first time she was away for the night. I don't think she missed us!
I don't think I have any pictures of Abby and her lovely kids and I together, but it was SO great to spend time with her at the wedding festivities (both of our husbands were in the wedding)! Another couple that should just move to Switzerland :)
Johns time in the US ended quickly as the wedding got over late Sunday night and then he had to drive us 2 hours to my sisters, sleep a bit and drive 3 hours to Iowa to fly out at 11 am. Too short for a trip to the USA!
Anyways, enjoy the photos.
Phil and his nephew making their entrance on a white horse

30 minutes of dancing to a drummer and music, also part of Phil's entrance



 Christian ceremony
 The happily married couple

 John looking sharp, it was a beautiful location

 Bridal party dance, should have gotten a video!

No comments:

Post a Comment