Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Perfect Day

Yesterday in Switzerland was pretty much a perfect day!  I promise not everyday is easy as we do miss family and friends (and good beef) A LOT, but yesterday was great! 
We started the day at the doctor for Hannah. Maybe that doesn't sound to fun, but I was so impressed by the medical care we received. It was just for a 9 month growth check and the doctor, not a nurse but a doctor, spent about 40 minutes with us. She watched Hannah play with toys, watched to respond to different noises and all sorts of other things. Plus they gave us all sorts of free things: toothbrush, toothpaste, special laundry detergent, Vitamin D... all for free. It is great, as far as we understand medical care for children is completely covered by your small monthly fee to have them added to your insurance. Plus, Hannah was a trooper through the whole appointment!
Crackers and swinging, what could be better!
Another thing that made it a perfect day was the weather, 65-70 degrees, sunny with a few clouds. Hannah and I got to play outside a bit, which makes both of us very happy.

 
Also, a family from the UK recently moved into our building and has offered multiple times to watch Hannah for us. We decided to take them up on it as it is so convenient and NICE!  So, John and I got to go on our first real bike ride together. Of course he took me up "hill" right by our house- 1,100 m of climbing :)  This was my first proper ride in 1.5 years as I was pregnant last summer, I thought I might die at some points. Really it wasn't that bad and the views at the top were stunning. We were happy to hear that Hannah was a happy little baby while we were riding and that she got asked back :)  I think we will be taking them up on that offer this summer!

 

 Our lovely view during dinner :)



1 comment:

  1. Love all your pictures...as far as I'm concerned, every day must be perfect there. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete