Sunday, May 12, 2013

Glückliche Muttertag

Happy Mother's Day!

Since Hannah is too young to really celebrate Mothers Day John blessed me with a fantastic first Mothers Day.
Yesterday He came home from the store with some lovely orange roses that matched some pink gerber daisies at some friends brought over (it is sort of a thing to bring flowers or wine when invited for dinner).
Then this morning he of course made pancakes and then he took care of Hannah before church so I could go out on a run. I really love to exercise in the morning, but it rarely happens as I also love my bed :)
Prior in the week he had made arrangements for me to go biking with a friend since it is harder for me to get out on a proper bike ride vs. a run. It is nice to have company when biking here in case something goes wrong such as a flat tire! Since we have no car it isn't as easy for John t come rescue me as it was in Iowa :) anyhow, the weather turned out to be rainy, sunny,rainy, sunny so we decided to go running! Mind you I had already ran a very hilly run in the AM so when my friends took me up more hills I thought I might die! But, the views were great and I was looking forward to John's dinner!
To end the day we had some friends over and their two children for Johns jambalaya. It was very tasty, Hannah really liked it! Having dinner with some friends was a great way to end my first MutterTag!





No comments:

Post a Comment