Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tired

Kussnacht am Rigi with Mt. Pilatus in the background

Right now as I type this I feel SO tired. It is mostly due to a sinus infection that has been plaguing me for over a week. I don't enjoy being sick, but I especially don't like it in a different country where you don't know the names of the medicines you would usually take. I am thankful that the Swiss health care system is very good, actually really good, but I just really don't like making phone calls in German. I was feeling rather terrible on Thursday and decided to call the doctor, but they had no appointments. So then I went to the pharmacy and got all the natural sinus products they had to offer, the Swiss are rather fond of Homeopathic alternatives to medicine. Then I did research, really just on the Mayo website and felt better after reading that most sinus infections get better on their own....it just takes a long time!  I am feeling like I might have turned a slow corner in getting better, but I am still SO tired, boo!
Sweet playground in Kussnacht am Rigi
Yesterday I also had little energy, but it was SO nice out. I mean sunny and 50 degrees. We went on a slow walk by the lake and then drove to a town about 30 minutes away Kussnacht am Rigi. We were surprised to find a nice little cafe (no still not a good ole American coffee shop) with a little play corner for kids. The funniest thing we saw, which I didn't get a picture of, was they had set up a man made sledding hill down the main street. And people were dressed up in costumes and went sledding down this "hill". They all had numbers on like they were getting judged on something, needless to say we couldn't quite figure it out!!
I will leave you with a picture of Hannah. She loves her new Lego table, and is really quite talented at the tower building!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment