Saturday, February 1, 2014

Still Alive

We made it back from the USA, well actually 2 weeks ago, but time has slipped away from me, so after a 6 week break I finally have a bit of time to sit down to type. Some of that is false, I have had time to blog, but I just didn't feel like it I guess. :) 
Our snowshoe hike today, that is a convent in the background.

Our time spent in the US was very nice.... I will upload pictures for another post later this week, but it was nice to get back home to Switzerland.
We are having a super mild winter so far here in Switzerland and I am loving it! As most of you know/are experiencing America is having a very COLD winter, so it was hard for Hannah to play outside. We are having fun being able to play easily outside in 40 degree weather.  So if anyone wants to visit in the winter, January and February seem to be nice weather, the fog is gone (which is usually here in November and December) and it isn't too cold. 
Since we have been back we celebrated 1 year here in Switzerland! We are happy to say that especially in the last half of this first year we feel fairly settled here. We have friends, a great church family, and several weekly playgroups that we go to. All of those things make this feel like home for now. I can't believe that last year at this time we were living in a one room farmhouse.... I don't want to relive those 6 weeks EVER again!
Beautiful day today!
The other big thing that has happened since we got back is I started work 2 days a week and Hannah goes to a local daycare. So far out of my 16 new patients, only one was a rather unfriendly Swiss lady who refused to work with a foreigner. But I politely excused myself and my boss and I swapped patients, and everyone was happy. The thing I really love is how little paperwork you have to do here. I mean like 10 minutes a day in the hospital outpatient setting, and another 15 minutes secretarial work,  maybe getting your charts ready and scheduling patients as there is only secretary that works a few half days a week.  The hospital has a therapy pool, so that has been fun getting some experience treating patients in the pool! All in all it is going great and I would love to find additional work after this 3 month contract ends in April.

 
Hannah has done fairly well at daycare as well. Crying a few minutes at drop off, which is normal. Playing. Eating 2 plates for lunch (she is a bit chubby). Sleeping "well", although she is always very tired when we pick her up and a bit crabby the next day.... so I think sleeping "well" at daycare doesn't quite mean her normal 3 hours!
All in all we had a smooth transition back to a new life of Mommy working here in Switzerland.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment