Sunday, February 9, 2014

3 weeks ago

Playground at a little zoo in PA
I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks since we returned from our month long trip to America. It was a good time spent with family and friends in both Pennsylvania and Iowa. The first 2 weeks were spent with John's family in Pennsylvania, and then Hannah and I flew alone to Iowa for 2 weeks. Before leaving for the USA this time I was a little anxious because traveling with a small child 16 months old, isn't the easiest age to fly with, on a 9 hour flight, during the day. BUT, Hannah did good, falling asleep in a carrier, the Ergo, for 2.5 hours,(meaning I was standing up for 2.5 hours but whatever she was quiet and asleep) which was such a blessing.

Playing with Sydney, my sister's daughter.
The day we flew to Iowa was terrible weather, I mean I think our flight was the only one that made it! Too bad our luggage did not :(  Then the flight home... It was during the night which I thought she would sleep most of the way. Well I was wrong. She finally fell asleep at like 10 pm but only for 3 hours when she woke up, scared and crying. Thankfully she was happy/delirious for the hours she was awake on the overnight flight, but I definitely didn't get to rest. But, it did help her transition back to Swiss time as she only woke up one night!!! That was awesome, because time change stinks with little ones!!

Anyways, enjoy the pictures and comments!
 

More from the zoo playground, it was a morning out with John's family and the youngest cousins.


 "I want to go back to America"
 
 Goofy girl! 
 
Hannah with my cousin April's children

All bundled up because it was very cold in America.

 Ring around the Rosie
 
 "We all fall down"
 
Not in America, but here in Switzerland at a birthday party for her friend Abigail.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! We enjoyed seeing you when you were here! I love the matching cousin tops!! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete