Saturday, April 27, 2013

Isn't everyday supposed to be sunny?

We have been blessed with a week of great weather here in Switzerland, but unfortunately today was rainy.  I never thought I really minded the rain and I suppose I still don't mind it. But, when we are in Switzerland and we want to get out and be active I seem to get sad when the rain comes- I'd much rather be hiking!! 


On the upside, we got to go on a few family bike rides last week now that John has all 5 bikes assembled. At first Hannah was a little unsure of the burley, but she quickly realized that she can see more scenery faster! She is not fond of the helmet though, or anything on her head really, so we keep it in the back end of the burley just to make us feel better! 
 
Last night we had dinner at a Swiss couples home. Because of this we got to test out how it would be to put Hannah to bed for the night somewhere, wake her up, put her in the burley, ride 2 miles (of which she stayed awake for), and then put her in her crib.... thankfully it went perfectly and she stayed quiet in her crib past 7 am!  We have put her to sleep in the car seat several times when were were out and then transferred her to the crib and it always worked, but I was rather nervous of her not wanting to sleep after a bike ride home.

 
Needless to say I can see a lot of family bike rides in the future although Bear isn't too excited about it!  He really hopes tomorrow is sunny so we can go on a family hike! Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment