Sunday, April 21, 2013

Getting Settled

This week was a busy one for us and with the busyness we have begun to feel more settled.

One thing that happened this week was that our shipment from America finally arrived after 4 months!  It was like Christmas as we had forgotten about many of the little things we had packed. The highlights have been receiving: Hannah's high chair, Hannah's nursery furniture, our bikes, and my new pair of running shoes! It was good to live with a lot less "stuff" for a few months, but some things like your baby's crib is just really nice to have!

Also this week I took an intensive German course, meeting a total of 17 hours!  Thankfully we have been blessed with meeting some great people (another reason we are starting to feel settled) who were willing to watch Hannah. I can tell that the intensive courses are definitely beneficial when wanting to learn a language. I normally go to 4 hours of class a week, which means that I must study a lot at home to really improve my Deutsch! 

Enjoying a banana in her newly arrived high chair.
 
On Saturday I also ran my first race here in Switzerland. It was a local 10k around a lake, which was quite a hilly course. It turns out that this race draws a competitive and international crowd and the winner of the 10 was less than 30 minutes- which seems really fast for the hills. I was happy with my 7:15 pace, especially since after having Hannah I feel less competitive and just want to enjoy my exercise time (which isn't too hard with the mountain scenery).  John forgot to take pictures of me, so pictures of Hannah will have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment