Monday, April 15, 2013

70 and Sunny.... Hallelujah

This past week the weather has been fantastic. Which is much appreciated after having about 1.5 weeks of cloudy/foggy days. I never knew how much cloudy weather could affect my mood, but I found myself a little depressed with the lack of sunshine. Thankfully that has passed and the sun has been shining for about a week.

 
This past weekend we took advantage of the good weather, and the fact that we still have a car that a friend lent us, and drove to Giswil, Switzerland to go hiking. We had found this great website in which you can pick a location and basically customize a route to hike or bike ect. Next time we will definitely have to print better maps, because we definitely never found the right trail! Lucky for us there are trails everywhere and we had ourselves a great 3 hour hike.
 
John has also enjoyed a few great mountain bike rides, using his bosses bike. He even gets to go mountain biking over lunch once a week or so. It is common to have the big meal over lunch and so many employers allow up to a 2 hour lunch break- just enough time to ride up the "hill" that is a 5 minute walk from us, the Burgenstock. I don't think I have the nerve for mountain biking here, but I love that we can go hiking right out our doorstep.

Bear was a little tired after the hike!
 
This week is also German overload for me as I am taking an intensive German (Deutsch) course. This class runs 3 hours every day and on Monday I have an already scheduled 2 hour class, my brain already hurts.

I typically also attend a class on Tuesday nights, but I might skip this week to join a running group made up of mostly Pilatus employees. I think my brain could use the rest and my legs could use the activity!
Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment