Friday, October 24, 2014

Weekend away




Three weeks ago I went hiking with one of my good friends Trini. It was my first weekend away without Hannah or John in a long time, and it was great.... A lot of German, but great.


We found a Swiss Alpine Club hut in the region of Grindelwald to sleep at in which you had to hike 3.5 hours up to and then there was a peak to hike up to 1.5 hours from the hut. The price of staying overnight in the hut included dinner, breakfast, and fresh water for the hike. 


This was perfect because then I didn't have to make the already challenging hike harder by carrying food. I was 25.5 weeks pregnant on the hike and definitely had to take a slower pace, but I am quite happy I was able to make it the whole way. We were rewarded with amazing views from the stop, gazing at Eiger and Mönch across the valley was breathtaking. 




There are Swiss Alpine Club huts everywhere in Switzerland and you can usually arrange to stay in a more private room or the dormitory, whichever you prefer, and they are quite reasonably priced. I would recommend finding one to stay in if you ever want to do a multiple day hiking tour in Switzerland!




No comments:

Post a Comment