Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hannah and chocolate

I had good intentions of writing a blog post, well a week ago, but just never got to it! 

I love to hold toys in my mouth like bear
Hannah is 13 months as of 1.5 weeks ago, and each month she seems to becoming a little more like a toddler. I just love the age that she is at right now. I am guessing that is just mostly due to her personality (I hope it doesn't change). I am so thankful that she doesn't have stranger anxiety, although I have to keep an eye on her. Today at the park she crawled up to a stranger and let the lady play with her for a bit, not caring a bit that I wasn't right by her.
clap clap clap
She still loves the outdoors, especially riding in the bike trailer. It is perfect really she can have toys, snacks, and enjoy the view. Plus, we get a great workout pulling the trailer. She also likes the stroller and backpack carrier- but she usually only lasts for about a 4 hour hike and then she has had enough. One funny thing about Hannah is that she doesn't love the feeling of grass. It always takes her about 15 minutes of being at the park before she will feel comfortable crawling around on the grass :)
She has really been improving at communication. She is fairly good at waving at the right time and she definitely has several "words"- which are actually different sounds that we have put together to mean things like bear, bye, yes, ect.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned for awhile is how blessed we have been by Hannah's love for sleep!! She still likes 2 naps a day and usually is 3-4 hours total if split up into two naps. Some days she only gets one nap and then it is usually 2-3 hours long. And on top of that she is a regular 11.5-13 hour at night sleeper!!  I am praying that if we have more children they take after her. We also have been having her fall asleep in her pack n play one night a week at the apartment that we have small group at. So far we can wake her up, travel home and she goes right back to sleep- we pray this stays this way as well!!

Some day I will be big like those kids up there
Besides talking about Hannah I thought I would share a picture of the assortment of chocolate bars in the supermarket..... It upholds the stereotype that Switzerland is full of chocolate!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment